Washing Tips for Colorful Bedding Sheets and Duvet Covers (Dolce Mela Bedding)
1. Read the Care Label.
Check for instructions that may say to wash only in cold, or with like colors. Don't forget to check for drying instructions as well. Here is a link that explains the symbols on care labels: http://www.apparelsearch.com/care_label_symbols.htm
2. Set your washing machine. Washing machines vary in setting selections but you should make an effort to set the setting to Normal Wash and temperature no more than 40 Celsius / 105 Fahrenheit. If your washing machine lacks such detailed setting simply select Normal/Cold.
3. Use Gentle Detergent There are several detergents on the market that are formulated to prevent fading and color loss.
4. Optionally add Vinegar Vinegar doesn't have the most pleasant smell, but adding a cup to your washing machine will not only give you a natural fabric softener, but also help prevent colors from fading. The good news? The vinegar smell goes away in the wash.
5. (Important) - Wash other Dark Colors Separately
6. Don't Stuff the Washer Stuffing the washer is tempting. It will help us save time, right? Well, actually stuffing the washer can cost us quite a bit. It makes the machine work harder and it is tougher on our clothes.
7. Don't Over Dry While this is bad for all laundry, it is particularly bad for bright and dark colors. Over drying will cause your colors to fade. Set a timer and don't forget about your clothes. The sheets should be slightly damp when they are pulled from the dryer.